Thursday, April 12, 2018

Flip Book Project

<div><iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.kizoa.com/embed-184148698-6171665o1l1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.kizoa.com/Movie-Video-Slideshow-Maker/d184148698k6171665o2l1/flipbook"><b>Flipbook</b></a></div>

(If embedding does not work, the link to the video is: http://www.kizoa.com/Movie-Video-Slideshow-Maker/d184148698k6171665o1l1/flipbook)

For this assignment, I used an old book to create an "animation" using the flip book format. Upon starting the project,  I wasn't totally sure where I wanted to go with it. I knew that I didn't want to take a more traditional route by portraying a clear cut story, but I was interested in the idea of playing with transformation and evolution.

Ultimately, I created a short story depicting things morphing into other things. In keeping with the loose theme I have used throughout the semester - nature and the elements - it starts with a page showing a small fish in the ocean, a depiction which grows to evolve into flowers, shapes, and other natural elements before finally coming full circle and transforming into the little fish in the ocean once again.








The greatest challenge of this project was probably putting everything together. I had a really hard time figuring out how to compile all of my frames into a video format without buying expensive software.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I like your story and I understand that you had a hard time with creating a video of this! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete